LUBBOCK MEALS ON WHEELS
“Respecting the dignity of every human being, no matter their need or physical condition, Lubbock Meals on Wheels will provide nutritious home-delivered meals to those who are homebound, elderly, or disabled. We shall seek to break the social isolation experienced by the homebound, by providing warm, caring, friendly contact through our volunteers.”
Lubbock Meals on Wheels, Inc. was founded in 1971. We provide home-delivered meals to eligible residents of the City of Lubbock, and other communities through contract. We currently serve over 700 people, delivering 54 routes each day.
Serving as an integral member of the LMOW team, the Eligibility Specialist (ES) performs eligibility assessments via home visits to ensure that Lubbock Meals on Wheels (LMOW) accurately identifies all eligible recipients. The ES reviews the preliminary screening, schedules and performs eligibility assessment via home visits, completes required eligibility paperwork and processes, communicates with potential recipients, the Program Coordinator, the and Case Management team, provides follow up assessments and reassessments, provides community resource referrals to potential recipients.
Hourly position: Hours will average 15-20/week; pay range/hour $15.50 – $18.00/hour based on education & experience.
Negotiated to meet program needs, Mon-Fri.
Position may grow to half-time with benefits over time.
- Bachelor degree in the Human Services field such as Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Human Development/Family Studies.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Previous in-home/field work preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to achieve goals in a collaborative manner
- Excellent communication skills to include, speaking (in person and on the phone) and writing
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency with computers, Outlook, Word, Excel, and client data management systems
- Ability to work with confidential material
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be insurable for automobile insurance and capable of driving a van
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Fast paced with significant personal interaction
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Minimal reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Vehicle required to perform duties
Submit resume to email@example.com or fax to 806-791-1835.
Position will remain open until filled.