LUBBOCK MEALS ON WHEELS
PART-TIME KITCHEN ASSISTANT
“Respecting the dignity of every human being, no matter their need or physical condition, Lubbock Meals on Wheels will provide nutritious, home-delivered meals to those who are homebound, elderly, or disabled. We shall seek to break the social isolation experienced by the homebound, by providing warm, caring, friendly contact through our volunteers.”
Lubbock Meals on Wheels, Inc. was founded in 1971. We provide home-delivered meals to eligible residents of the City of Lubbock, and other communities through contract. We currently serve over 780 people, delivering 57 routes each day.
Serving as an integral member of the LMOW team, the Kitchen Assistant (KC) is responsible for helping the Food Service Director and Food Service Manager with cooking and providing meals on a daily basis. Cooks and prepares food, assembles meals, stocks pantry and kitchen, and cleans facility. Works under the direction of the Food Service Director.
Hourly pay – $10.00
8:30am – 12:00pm Mon-Fri
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Valid Food Handler Card required or willingness to obtain card within two weeks of employment
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must be insurable for automobile insurance and capable of driving a van
- Must pass background check
- Ability to utilize physical strength including lifting and carrying approximately 50 pounds
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressure, stress, and changing demands
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and work on your feet most of the shift
- Ability to climb
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Vehicle required to perform duties
Submit resume or complete application
Lubbock Meals on Wheels, 2304 34th Street
You may also email resume to email@example.com